Google
S.E.A. Niqabi's Blog Store
Current Lunar Phase
CURRENT MOON
Muslimahs United

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simple Ginger Tea

Here's my favorite simple pick-me up drink. It's healthy & I found very addictive.

Gather the following ingredients:

  • Ginger
  • Cardamom Seeds
  • Cloves
  • Sugar
  • Tea Leaves

In a bowl,
Grate some ginger (depending on how "spicy" you want the tea to be; I usually grate about a index finger's length of ginger).
Take 5 cloves as it is.
Take 5 cardamom seeds & manually peel it (don't throw any part of it away!)

Fill teapot with 6 cups of water (I don't have those professional measuring cups so I just use my good old mug).
Add all the ingredients in the bowl to the water.
Boil the teapot on the stove.
Once the mixture starts to bubble up to the top, add 5-6 tablespoons of sugar & half a tablespoon of tea leaves.

Here are tips to vary the amount of tea you make:
  • The number of cups of water you use depends on the number of people who will be drinking the tea.
  • You can vary the number of cloves & cardamom seeds you use as well depending on the taste you prefer.
  • The amount of sugar depends on the number of cups of water used.
  • The amount of tea used is enough to give the tea its color as well as taste.

Best tip I can give you though is experiment until you find what's best for you!


No comments:

Hit Counter